This 3-day training allows electrical and mechanical engineers to become acquainted with or to improve their development and use of active materials based devices.
• Piezo effects and equations
• Transfer functions and equivalent electromechanical circuits
• Piezo materials : properties, performances and reliability
• Piezo actuators: History, preload and amplification.
• CTEC actuators APA®: Performances, static and dynamic properties.
• Introduction to the use of COMPACT & practices
• Mechanisms theory: linear motion, rotation motion, link between the mechanism stiffness and bandwidth, actuation strategy, etc
• Piezo motors presentation and functioning
• Introduction to actuation applications with increasing DOF: positioning, vibration generation, energy harvesting, etc…
• Design and simulation process of a piezo mechanism: static response, modal analysis, harmonic response, shocks, vibrations, thermal stability etc.
• Piezo mechanism functional tests: stroke test, force, admittance, angle tilt, open/closed loop stability, lifetime, drift, creep, etc.
• Environmental testing: Shocks, vibrations, atmosphere, vacuum, cryogenic, LAT.
• Ultrasonic transducers design: calculation, materials, geometry, equivalent circuits, tests and adjustment
• Ultrasonic transducers applications: in-water transducers, health monitoring structure, ultrasonic welding, etc.